Summarize the argument in this article:
This article is about a law passed in Illinois to keep registered sex offenders off social media websites. The author of this article doesn't think a registered sex offender should be kicked off the web. They make many good points as to why they believe this is so.
What evidence is presented to support the argumnt:
The author gives us examples of some states who make a person register as a sex offender if they pee in public. Or if they are two teenagers and get caught having sex. These aren't the typical people I think of as sex offenders. These aren't the typical people anyone thinks of as sex offenders. I mean think about it.. do you think a streaker should be considered a sex offender?
Validate what is presented:
I think that this article makes some very good points. It is clearly stated what the author feels and they back up their opinions with facts about other states. I find this article to be very credible.
I feel that this article is correct. I am not in any way for sex offenders, and I wouldn't want them online either so they could hurt my children whenever that time comes. But I don't feel that a teenager that got a little drunk one night and was dared to go steaking should be banned from social media websites because their state made them register as a sex offender. We do need to crack down on who our children can talk to, b ut I think a lot of that is up to the parent being involved with their children.
Maybe we should focus on changing what constitutes a sex offender. It seems like the definition is so broad it is no longer useful. I think you opinion on this was well-reasoned!
ReplyDelete