Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adding it up.

My name is Ashley Jones and I was born in Richmond, Virginia. My father recently retired from the military so I do believe I am finally able to settle where I live at presently in Fairmont, West Virginia. Throughout my life I have moved from place to place starting new schools and making new friends. One thing that stayed the same was my constant love for math!
I am currently enrolled in school with a major of 5-9 math education. With many different schools and many different math teachers I have found different techniques of easier ways to learn. I have seen with many people that not everyone learns the same, and it is the job of the teacher to do different activities to help every single person in the classroom understands exactly what is going on. I believe that if one student is left behind and doesn't understand.. everyone else in the classroom mine as well be in the dark as well. To me if a student doesn't understand what is going on then I failed at my job. The teacher is the one that molds their selves around how students learn. Not the students mold themselves to the way the teacher is teaching.
Students in my class would learn both hands on and visually. Doing fun activities for prizes is really a way to get younger kids involved. I know that I am going to have to come up with many different activities both on paper and on the computer to keep the attention of the ever changing ways kids learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you recognize how your diverse schooling experiences will help make you a better teacher! We need more good math teachers!

    ReplyDelete